KEY CAREER RESPONSIBILITIES AND SKILLS TO DATE:
Business Development: Working directly with partners and management on new business and brand development
Managing Integrated, International Accounts: Acting as key agency contact across all levels (CMOs, CEOs, senior board, MDs, local market heads, product teams) responsible for strategic response, budget management, creative output and delivery.
Leading Large Integrated Teams: Responsible for recruitment, appraisals, salary reviews, training, pastoral and career management and mentoring.
Cross-discipline skills: Fully literate in planning, production, delivery & measurement of large-scale media neutral campaigns across territories, channels and delivered by large cross agency teams.
Executive Search: Working with Heads of Planning, CEOs, CMOs and CSOs to develop high performing strategy teams at some of the world’s most innovative and creative companies.
The Talent Business June 2016 – May 2018
Partner at the world leader in Executive Search for the creative industry, delivering transformational strategic talent to businesses fuelled by innovation and creativity.
Filson June 2016 – June 2018
Ambassador and consultant for Filson’s fly fishing offering. Helping to introduce a core element of this iconic US brand to UK Fly fishermen.
AMV BBDO September 2006 – June 2016
Client Partner at the UK’s biggest and most creatively awarded advertising agency. Joined as part of a graduate programme to work on a successful re-pitch for Sainsbury’s. Promoted to Account Director in 2009 Promoted to European Business Director in 2012. Followed by a promotion to lead one of the Agency’s largest accounts for Europe as Client partner in 2014.
NEW BUSINESS & INNOVATION
- New Business: Pitched successfully on several large new pieces of business, both global and domestic for AMV BBDO.
- X Labs: AMV’s Innovation initiative. Identifying and exploring ideas that have the potential to live beyond advertising. Not simply a PR exercise but a source of revenue and New Business opportunities. Instrumental in AMV’s successful pitch for the global Bacardi business (including Grey Goose, Martini and Dewar’s)
-Global Brand Repositioning: Completed an evolved motorsports content and social led strategy, promoting Mobil1’s position as a leader in Formula 1, Le Mans and in performance road cars.
-International Campaign: Led integrated creative development across Europe, Africa, Middle East and Americas, leading the largest team in the BBDO Network. Developed the Mobil 1 YouTube Channel ‘The Grid’. Delivering a consistently connected, content led experience for fans, new and old.
- New product launch: Successfully launched Ginger Grouse to the UK market, overtaking Crabbie’s in market share only 5 months from launch
- Global expansion: Turned Famous Grouse from a small UK only account for AMV into a highly profitable global account. Including the company awarding AMV Brugal Rum without a pitch. Breaking the mould of Whisky advertising from heather, tweed and firewood to deliver award winning campaigns and further fame for the brand.
- Global re-positioning: Snickers; the world’s largest chocolate brand, suffered from a disparate global brand identity. Enter Mr. T and ‘Get Some Nuts’ which later became the colossally successful platform ‘You’re Not You When You’re Hungry.’
I worked on integrated creative and strategic development across 11 countries. I also delivered campaigns for M&M’s, Galaxy and Twix.
- Award winning: The Snickers campaign was awarded consistently, with Cannes Lions, Effies and APG Gold awards recognising its effectiveness and global impact. I also worked with Mr. Bean and Aretha Franklin in the same month…
- Regional Direction: Led all creative development on key Mars Petcare brands throughout European markets. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpcUN6XvGmk
Led full global re-positioning project with BBDO New York on Pedigree (‘Feed the Good’) Working alongside global head of planning for Mars. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiZGXoV4PwjhYYIz5vFJqYptqRcWE69yy
- Charity Campaign and global network management: Led integrated creative development for Mars Petcare charity and CSR initiatives, winning at Cannes and at the Marketing Effectiveness awards.
-Business lead: Returned to Sainsbury’s to lead Sainsbury’s bank through a brand re-launch. Led the hugely successful Sainsbury’s ‘Mog’ Christmas Campaign for 2015, the most viewed Christmas ad in the history of YouTube, making Sainsbury’s the only one of the ‘big four’ grocers to grow market share over Christmas
-Leading product innovation and social management: Secured Sainsbury’s Bank social account with a successful pitch for the agency, later making it AMV’s highest paying digital client. Also secured the TU clothing account for the agency. Authored strategy and led development of Sainsbury’s campaign against fresh goods waste. ‘Waste Less Save More.’ https://www.about.sainsburys.co.uk/making-a-difference/environment/waste-less-save-more Also presented a business case for ‘Ugly Veg’ sales to the leadership board at the AGM in 2015.
- Brand Re-Launch: Led a full brand launch across all media touchpoints for Sainsbury’s in 2015
-Regional Business Lead: A return to Mars Petcare to lead the Whiskas account for its most profitable and largest market. Started in December 2015 and oversaw the launch of a new global platform idea for the brand with Europe as the test market.
This was coupled with the launch of an entirely new production process for Omnicom (and the advertising industry) led globally by Mars. Making savings of over 30% to core clients in the first year. https://flarebbdo.com
- 2001 – 2005 St Andrews University.
MA Hons in Modern History
- 1995- 2000 St. Edward’s School Oxford (A-levels: French, Spanish, History and English Literature)
- Citizenships: UK
- Pitch Wins: EDF, Virgin Holidays, Eurostar, Bacardi, Sainsbury’s Bank, TU clothing, ARLA Foods
Additional Links to work for EDF Energy and Eurostar: